Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Meeting new investigators



Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:21:04 -0300
Subject: march 11th, 2013
From:
adj1991@myldsmail.net

Hello Everyone

So this past week....

This past week we have made some very odd contacts and on Sunday was the best one yet. So we made a contact in an apartment building with a 14 year old girl. She had piercings all over and was wearing a very skimpy outfit, but we were actually there to talk with her brother. In the conversation we found out that she was already baptized. But soon after her very good friend came  and started to ask questions about the church. While we were talking with them they decided to light a joint right in front of us!!  It was a very awkward contact. In the end the 14 year old girl went to church with us. Her outfit was not appropriate for church but it was like whatever. I just let it go. But the girl who had very little clothing on has already been baptized. She said that she showed up to church and got baptized without even knowing she was going to be baptized a while ago. 

Another contact we made was in a hallway of houses that ended up being an obstacle course just trying to enter into it. There was dirt everywhere with dogs barking and people yelling. It was a very sketchy place. Anyway, we get back to this hallway of houses on Sunday morning and there is a ton of police outside with a woman screaming saying that her husband hit her and that he left to go buy a gun so he can kill her. It was not the best time to go to that place. But with these contacts we made this week, we were able to get to kids to go to church with us and they should be baptized this Sunday. Their names are Gladeson and Isiais.

Oh and letters I got this month, the things I got from the zone meeting were the package with the hot sauce and juice packets. Thank you Mom, I am enjoying them! I am happy with the juice packets (crystal light). I also got Grandma’s letter -Thank you!

No the clocks don’t change here in the Northeast. We are like Arizona - never changing including the weather! Oh and I think it is best not to send any more things to the Bishops house because I could leave here the first week of April. The letters and packages take a while to forward so it might be best not to send anything for now to the Bishop’s house. I think there is a good possibility that I will move. So please go back and send mail or packages to the Mission home:

Elder Adam Jensen
Missao Joao Pessoa
Rua Deputardo Jose Mariz #515
Tambauzinho
Joao Pessoa/P.B 58042-020
BRAZIL

But transfers are April 3rd and the things you have already sent should be ok. And nothing new about where I will be when the Mission splits, I would like to stay in João Pessoa or go to Campina Grande. I really don’t want to stay in Missão Natal for the rest of my mission, but I got here December 4th, so I may likely change areas this next transfer.

love

elder adam jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment