Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Life at the MTC.

I am doing wonderful, and yes I have been extremely busy! It is absolutely rewarding, because from Wednesday to Saturday, I am able to pray, introduce myself, testify, and express my emotions in Portuguese. I started to memorize the purpose, and really understand why my mission will be so important to our Heavenly Father.

So hmmm... some other things to tell you is that we had a fireside last night and Alex Boye the soloist tabernacle choir singer spoke. He was hilarious and super spiritual. He is actually now one of the people who helped me understand more about my purpose in being here. Oh and this morning I went to the temple, which was awesome! Just to get out and walk to the temple is good enough, but to go inside as well is an even bigger bonus!!

I know that my mission will be everything I need it to be and everything I want it to be. I know that I will teach those families and those families will teach other people, and everytime that legacy keeps going on, I will always be brought up, because it is me who is doing the Lords work, and it is me who was lead by the spirit, so I can meet with that family and bring so many more people unto the Lord. This is my job and my duty to make sure that with every investigator after the ones that I teach, that they may grow and have that faith to help others grow. I'm so happy that I am here and understanding my purpose. I have left a lot behind, but nothing will compare to what I will bring to those people. Those people will be everything to me, and i know through them, that my mission will be worth every minute.

So this passed week has been hard, but it has been a lot of fun, especially with Howard (Elder Willard). Believe or not I am actually his companion and we were both very surprised on the first day to see that. On the first day there was no settling in at all, it was straight to classes. I'm enjoying learning Portuguese, it feels like I have been trying to learn the language for months, but within four days I have been able to pray, bear my testimony, introduce myself, and express my feelings towards an investigator within four days. The power of God and Christ work in miracles.

The food that I have been eating is your typical American food. whether it be turkey with gravy and mashed potatoes to burgers and fries. I'm eating descent food, that won't make me starve, but I'm pretty sure the MTC is making a lot of money off the vending machines because we eat dinner at 4:30, so everyone in the apartment complex gets a lot of things when 9:30 roles around. I find it pretty funny, but I do it as well. eating at 4:30 is not that much fun. A typical day starts out as us waking up at 6:30, and classes and food schedule and gym until 9:30 at night so that we can return to our residence halls to do whatever. Yep 16 hour days and you don't return to your bedroom till 9:40pm, which is hard at times because learning a language and feeling the Spirit all the time can really make you want that bed a lot!

"A little story. If you have a do not disturb sign on your door, then the maid will not clean the room. If you ask the maid why she didn't clean the room she will say because you put the do not disturb sign on the door. If the Lord is the maid, and you put that do not disturb sign on the door, then he can not let you feel and see the blessings and spirit around you. Do not let that do not disturb sign ever go up on the door. The lord is there, so let him do his job that he so much loves to do for you."

Love Elder Adam Jensen

p.s. I have taught 3 times in Portuguese now and it's scary and rewarding at the same time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment