Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Life at the MTC...Brazil CTM

Ok so it would be best to just write one email now because here at the CTM they have someone watch you just so you don't go over time. I understand why they do it, so no big deal. 
If you wanted to know, the package has not come yet, but it should be here soon. The only reason they ask not to send packages is because a lot of packages get sent late, and they come here when the missionary is gone, but, as long as I'm still here then I'm gonna get get it.
Ok well I'm doing really good, and the food is awesome for the most part. Some of it is not too good, but I think that is because of just what they serve. A lot of Brazilians say the food at the CTM is not like the food out in Brazil. 
Well,  other than that I am doing very good. The weather is actually not too bad, and the only time it is horrible is when you come back from gym and you can't stop sweating for a good 45 minutes.
Some things that are new....I taught in TRC,  that's when they tape you teaching. My companion and I sucked at it lol. When we teach our teacher, by what we are learning, everything goes awesome, but TRC kicked our butts. But then again our teachers are probably the perfect investigators. one of our teachers is named irmão Leo (irmão means brother) and he is Italian but grew up in Brazil, so if you can picture a mix between the two and see that person smiling all of the time and seems to never have any other emotion than happy, that is what irmão Leo is. I love that guy!
But back to teaching, I usually give my testimony in Portugese every single time I teach, but its hard to take it that seriously when it is your teacher, but yesterday, man, my companion and I took it as serious as we could and I can't even describe how much the Spirit was there, and how great I felt bearing my testimony. I almost started to cry as I was saying it. I'm so happy that I'm on my mission teaching about the gospel and have such a strong testimony that it is true!!
Hmmm... some other things is that I'm happy for Nic, and it was obvious that Grease would do great. and I know Nic does great in everything that has to do something with school, except it is a weird feeling to know that Nic is going to make it far in life. I hope Gavin is doing great, and getting closer to marriage haha, but seriously!   Well Mom and Dad, I love you a lot and Mom I hope your health is doing much better, and if you are feeling down spiritually because of your health, like you don't know why it is happening, then here is a message. "no one can know of spiritual things without the power of prayer." and Dad I love reading your emails, because its kind of funny how we can basically laugh about some stupid people in this world, but why write it, if at the end your just going to say don't worry about everything I just wrote,  you dork!
I really hope the Carlile family remember that they will all see each other again though.
My time here has been good, and I know why I am here, and I'm happy that I know what I am doing is the best thing for me. I truly love each and every one of you.
love,
Elder Adam Jensen

p.s. oh and Sean thank you so much for the email. I thought it was hilarious. I love you too with all of   my heart. and maybe metaphorically I will be thrown in a lions den hahaha

love

Elder Adam Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment