Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

CTM or MTC?

Thank you a lot for the letter, “MissionTies” will be a lot easier to do emails and letters. I ask only about the one email because someone actually watches us when we email in the CTM of Brazil, kind of makes me irritated because there really is not that many people who need to get on. Well the MTC is great. I wasn’t lying about that, and teaching investigators, I mean fake which seem real investigators is a lot of fun. I just got my investigator Carlos to commit to baptism hahaha. He cried a little in the lesson. I love that guy. Hmmm, I forgot what the CTM stands for, just MTC but switched around.  The language is getting easier, but understanding a normal speed person is very difficult especially if we watch a video.

I do want to share two videos that I find amazing, the first video is "Men’s hearts shall fail them" and the other is "the red coat" it's on Mormon messages and the Mormon channel on lds.com. I cried at both of them

I went to the Campinas Temple today; this was for the second time so far since I have been here.  The São Paulo Temple is closed still, except the bus driver went to both because he was not that smart lol. I saw the funniest thing today: they have some radio towers disguised as trees, but the funny thing is that there taller than all the trees around it, and it’s a tree not even known to Brazil. It’s an Evergreen tree.

No, the food is actually pretty good. I like it a lot and I have already lost 10 pounds in a week and a half. (Like 4.5 kg. it sucks trying to change my whole entire measuring system. but oh well, it will come)  WORTH IT!!   I saw the photo and the barn looked pretty cool, and I hope that family is doing good.

I look back on my life as I wish I could have done a lot of things differently, but I know without those things, I couldn’t have been shaped into the person I am now. I can see so much more clearly of the person I am supposed to be, and to continue to be. I love this gospel, and I love having the Spirit with me at all times. Being here and knowing why I'm here, and knowing what type of person I will ultimately be like because of this, warms my heart like you couldn't believe.
This is the right path to choose, and I hope I can show to every single person I come across of how important this is.

I love you with all my heart you guys!

With love,
Elder Jensen

PS: oh and I'm super happy that me and Nic get to go to the same college hahaahaaahahahha!

pps: The package is not here on this fine Tuesday, but I have received all of your letters. Oh and now I have to write back to the 40 emails Mom decides to send me. Mom that was way too many clippings of hearts inside the letter!
Ppps: Sean I really liked your letter, and every time you write to me I can see how much you are growing as a person, my brother and as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment