Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Friday, June 15, 2012

Mail at last!

June 11th, 2012

Hello Everyone!
Ok, well, in the mail, I received two big envelopes. Inside the envelopes there was the candy poster thing, pictures, a pair of insoles, floss, Listerine paper thing, the anti-itch (triple anitbiotic cream, moleskin, and I think that is about it. I never received the recipes, but that is ok. I will receive more in July. Anyways, I am very happy I received that much!! Thank you so much for doing this. I appreciate it a lot. Not a big problem and the chocolate was still good,  just had to stick it in the fridge for a little bit.  The other Missionaries said they have a candy that tastes just like big hunks down here. I don’t remember what it is called though. I know that I didn’t receive a couple of things, but all is well in the end. I know I will eventually get it. Oh but with the SD card, you'll have to send it before the 14th if you want it to get here on the 1st of July, and express mail. Mail takes so long, but I am happy every beginning of the month. Mail just brightens everything up. Oh and since the SD card doesn’t fit your camera, I think it will fit mine because my SD card is a little smaller than the normal one. Oh and something random....the words you wrote on the envelopes should read “eu amo jesus cristo" or "jesus cristo é meu redentor." I know you worked really hard, to get them here on time and I thank you so much for that, but it’s just the mail system. It’s all good in the end because I will eventually receive it. I did only receive one pair of insoles, they are amazing, and seem to be lasting longer than the last ones already lol. (except my feet stink more with insoles.)  Oh well not my problem lol. It’s summer, and there is nothing really bad happening. I am good. Everyone else is doing good. All of us are being so blessed, everything is good, and it becomes a lot easier to focus on the good.
Well, the families that we have are in the opposite sides of our area, so we have to really choose which day we go and see each one. So far, the new families are two. there is one I think I already mentioned that is a good family, and the father is receptive, so that means that rest of the family will be. Kind of odd how it works here, but that’s how it is. If the dad goes, then the rest of the family goes as well. anyways, they are very good. The other new family is an older woman who is named Maria, and her husband whom I cannot remember his name, his name is hard to spell and say. Oh well, they are good and they seem to be very welcoming to us. Maria has a very good testimony of prayer and told us she wants to read the Book of Mormon. Oh but Iamandas dad, I don’t know what he does. maybe construction, but it is still very hard to get him when he is home.
This weekend was the dedication of the Minause Temple. I don’t know how to spell the city in Minaus, close enough. On Saturday we watched the celebration at the chapel from Minnaus. Saturday was for everyone to watch, so we had some of our investigators there, and on Sunday was the dedication. I enjoyed the dedication a lot because no one under 12 could watch, so that meant no kids running around the Chapel during the session. It was in English with translation after President Uchtdorf spoke. It was pretty cool. I never realized it was such a big celebration for temple dedications, but when a country is bigger than the United States and only has 6 temples, it’s a very big deal!! That is basically all that happened this week. the celebration, inviting people to it, and then the dedication.
Every day I bear my testimony, and it becomes stronger and easier to say. I actually enjoy it a lot to say my testimony, it is helping more than I think. Maybe more than the investigators! Anyways, I love you a lot and I can’t wait until July to receive more mail :)
Hey well, I have to go now. I love you a lot and I am happy you are doing so much for me. I am sorry you miss me. I miss you too and I know it will be a happy day when I return. I love you again and I will talk to you next Monday
love
elder adam jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment