Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Baptisms, Baptisms and more Baptisms


July 10th, 2012
Well hey everyone,
Ok so this past week...
I have learned some things that pertain to my work. I learned that you cannot go totally by faith. I say this because if you only have faith for your goals or that you will have a baptism this week or things like that, you really just won’t work harder. I know the scripture that says faith plus works, but the thing is that something has to drive you to do those works. That is why I have learned that having desire is probably the most important thing to have on the mission. With desire you have more faith, more works, more goals, and a real strong motivation for more things than you would have before without desire. I am doing very good. I am excited for a lot of things right now and for the future as well. My time is still going super-fast. pretty crazy. I love you all and I am happy truly happy that I made this decision.
We met a new investigator named Bruna and she has a one or two year old baby. I think 2 years old. Anyways the funniest thing happened while we were teaching her a lesson. So, while we were teaching the baby was on her lap, and that baby was only wearing a diaper. Anyways, while the baby was sitting there he put his hand down her shirt and started touching her. So at this point it is already funny, but while he was touching her, the baby started to put his other hand inside of his diaper. Oh it was so funny, and we all started to laugh during the lesson. But it was a highlight of one day during the week.
So you know how you said about giving a blessing. Well I didn’t give one, but I did anoint the oil. Even though it wasn’t an actual long blessing, it still felt good to at least be able to do that all in Portuguese!
Hmm… another thing is that, do you remember when I talked about Iamand´s mom? Her name is Irani. Well, I got her to finally commit to a date on the 15th. It was only me who got her to commit. No-one else, not even my companion. It felt awesome, especially because we have asked her in the past like 3 other times and she always said no. I am VERY excited!  Also, Irani´s neighbor also said yes to baptism. I forgot how to spell her name, so I just won’t try - lol. The neighbor had doubts actually a lot of doubts in the beginning, but by the end she said yes to baptism. The lesson went very well and we have two baptisms!
The woman that didn’t come to church was Maria. Her brother José came and he said he liked it a lot and wants to come back. We also asked him to be baptized on the 15th as well. I think he will, but we have to teach him a lot this week.  The 15th is going to be a very busy day.  Everything about this week was good, and I am happy with how we all worked. It was just awesome and very spiritual.
Anyways, that’s about it. I think we have to go now, but I can email a little bit later because the other elders were too slow getting to the LAN house again! I don’t know how it’s so hard for them to just get up and go. Oh well.
Thank you so much for everything, I know if you were to send me some new clothes, it would be amazing, because I actually do kind of need them. I now have three pairs of pants that have holes in the same areas. In these types of pants they just have a poorly made crotch area. Either that or I just have fat legs. But anyways, I was wondering if you could go to like Ross or JCP and buy very thin, very dark slacks. 34/32. I think 34/32 might be a little too big, but I have a belt, so its ok. My shirts are now way too big for me - lol. My neck is not 17 1/2. It is either a 16 1/2 or 17. I am trying not to even wear my other pants because I want them to last a long time. So instead I put other pants other than the three pairs with holes in them inside the suitcase, staying there until I truly need them. I did find some black material inside the house, so I covered one of the pants holes with that material. I have tried sewing them and it didn’t work. the stitch broke, on all of the pants!!!
I am happy with how everything is back home just try to keep all the spirits up and focus on everything good. I do miss everyone, but my mission will still be over before you know it. I have already been out four months, but according to when I will go home and when I was supposed to leave, it has been 5 months woo lol. I love you a lot and hopefully next week the other missionaries are not slow again.
I am excited for this week as well because it means that we can do it all over again, but the negative side is that when doing everything right your legs seem to be much more tired at the end of the day.
Looking forward to hearing from you all;
Elder Adam D. Jensen
Missao Joao Pessoa
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Rua Deputardo Jose Mariz #515
Tambauzinho
Joao Pessoa
P.B 58042-020
BRAZIL

love

elder adam jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment