Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 20, 2012

Baptisms for the 26th!!

Mon, 20 Aug 2012 11:30:05 -0300
From:
adj1991@myldsmail.net


Hello everyone!!

So this past week...

In my area we have some awesome members. They love to go out and work with us, and there is a guy here who really reminds me of Gary Gascoigne, but a lot shorter. But yeah, with members help and some references we were able to have 4 marked baptisms for the 26th of this month and so far it seems like we are going to have all 4 baptized. It is going to be sweet. What I think I meant to say last week in my email is that the North East is different than any other area in Brazil because in Mossoró people here are more educated, actually understanding that at least finishing high school is a really good thing!

So I decided to do a new study....it’s for 30 minutes of personal study and it’s continue reading in the Book of Mormon in Portuguese, and for the next 30 minutes read Isaiah and try to understand it. I figured I had to read Isaiah because there are moments in the Book of Mormon when Jesus says that the book of Isaiah has everything in it that pertain to past, present, and future of this world. But also I have come to know that the principles of the gospel, like the things we teach for people is only the milk of the gospel or doctrine. And the more in depth or deep doctrine is the meat. I have read lately that I cannot take the meat in huge chunks, but I have to learn piece by piece. It’s hard, but I am enjoying it and believing everything that I am coming to find out. Especially about other planets and the world outside of the earth. It is so interesting! BTW I am reading Isaiah in English. 

This upcoming Friday is the one year mark for my companion and he is pretty excited! He wants to throw some sort of party thing. Mainly a small BBQ food that we will do in our crappy backyard for lunch. The backyard is like the dead portion of a desert. We don’t usually eat at night here either, sometimes, but not that much. The lunches are the same as always, beans, rice, noodles and some meat - every day and still the biggest meal of the day! We never do service projects here either because there is nothing here to do service on. It’s sad especially when you see an old woman drink something and then when she is finished she just throws it in the street. There are basically is not that much of "manners" here.

I am pretty much adjusted to Brazil now. It’s mainly the same thing every single day. The only thing I will continue to hate is watching the kids run around during sacramental meeting and the Counselors to the Bishop when they speak they say everything like a question because they literally ask the Bishop after each announcement if it was right. but yeah I am in a pretty good mood and I am happy I got transferred because I started to get super bored in Sousa. But all is sweet! The package from the Petrie’s though I probably won’t get it till October but that’s not a big deal. It’s so nice of them to agree to bring me anything!

Oh and mail...I received the other package that had some candy and the Cabelas t-shirt. All the t-shirts fit!! Oh and I received the other pictures as well. Thank you so much for all the things you have sent me. I know they are sent with love.

Anyways, that was my week.

Ok well I have to go now. I love you with all my heart. and a little message... “
In every moment of the time we have on this earth, if we only look with love, then our whole entire outlook on life and life after this life will be a major blessing and we will never want to be without the ones we love.” 


with love,
elder adam jensen


You can contact Elder Adam Jensen at:
Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission
Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515
Tambauzinho 58042 - 020
Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil

(Please include your physical address)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment