Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 24, 2012

Family Baptism


Thursday 20 Sep 2012

From:
adj1991@myldsmail.net


Hello Everyone,

So this past week...

This past week was pretty good! I had my first man and family baptism this last Sunday! It was João that was baptized, he was the man and because of his baptism he also completed a family. His wife was already a member for a while, but she had left the church for a while as well. Anyway, they are all in the church and excited already for the temple. It’s really cool seeing that blessing in João´s family.

I made splits with this other missionary Monday and Tuesday. I was the Senior companion, because he got demoted to junior and we were in my area. It went pretty well. We had some lessons with members and received a lot of references. The members here really help out a lot. I am actually enjoying this area and everything a lot more. Being the Senior companion was actually good for me. I learned a lot and I also learned that I am actually kind of good at it. I thought it was easy to plan out the day and stick to the schedule and really use the resources that I have around me.

Hmmm... something I learned this week - is that I need to learn a lot more! Especially about the Bible, not to be mean, but it’s because we have the Assembly of God church down here and there are a lot of them!! So when we teach a member of this church, they only like answers in the Bible. I tell them I am not here to convince them, but these members like to be convinced. It’s weird, but we try to emphasize on prayer also with these people.

I didn’t eat anything bad this past week. I actually cooked a lot at the house because here in this area, instead of giving lunch, they sometimes give us money. I actually like it when that happens because I make an awesome lunch. One day I made sloppy joes and for dessert, was a lemon pie. and by the way, both turned out awesome!

One thing, hey so I am running out of money from this transfer. I had to pay a bill and help pay for a new water pump, just some money, not a lot. We have to pay for things with mission money and we get reimbursed for the money we spend, but the reimbursement doesn’t come for an extra month after we spend money on things we shouldn’t have to spend it on. If you can’t then no big deal. I will just try harder to balance my money out.

Well that sums up my week, except that we have three more people that are a very big possibility of being baptized at the end of this month. Oh and I forgot Sean was already 12. Oh well. it’s all good.

with love,

elder adam jensen

p.s. I couldn’t email yesterday because one person from every single companionship was transferred except for my companionship. No one arrived here in Mossoro until late at night. Sorry about yesterday, but I will email on Monday. Oh and we only have forty minutes because for the first 20 minutes I write other emails, I write to President Hall and write you the long letter. I finish everything so I can have a solid 40 minutes of writing to you.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment