Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 22, 2012

Salvation?


Monday October 8th, 2012

Hello Everyone,

Well this past week was an interesting one...

Nothing much happened - lol. Neither of the Bruno’s are to be baptized. We tried to get a kid named Tiago in the water, but what happened, the mother said that he couldn’t be baptized. She had no reason, and then said he didn’t want to be baptized even though he clearly wanted to be baptized. Anyway, with this mom we burned her like no other and said that she will not receive salvation because of her stopping her son’s salvation. She also said that if he got baptized and she didn’t accept it than she would beat her son and he would never be able to go to church again. Man people here truly understand what it is like to be a supporting parent! So what are we going to do about it....have the dad sign the baptism form for approval? Oh and this past week, we also met an elect guy, who by the spirit and teaching he will most likely be baptized on the 21st of this month. So far we have 6 people that are a possibility for baptism this month. Oh the blessings of a mission. I am excited to try and get them all in the water!!

Man, conference goes by so fast! I was surprised when I got to the last talk on the last session - super-fast. But anyway, I received a lot of answers to questions I had and I was happy and grateful about everything the Lord wanted me to hear. Anyway, man that is crazy about the age for missionaries. I am more surprised about the women. That, I think is a huge difference.
I also received some letters, and the package you sent to the Petries. The dr.pepper and the candy is already gone. It was delicious. I hope a lot and a lot and a lot and a lot of dr.pepper will keep coming lol.

I received your card in Portuguese. I understood everything! Sean’s letter was nice too. I am very excited to receive all of my packages the next month

Today we had a zone p-day. I got burned in the sun by the way today. This was a first time on my mission. We have so much sun screen but didn’t use any of it. The pants fit except one pair. I got one other package which you said do not open until my birthday, and no I didn’t already open it. what is it????

Thank you for all the goodies, I did share with some. I was nice.

with love,

elder adam jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment