Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 28, 2013

A good Week and then comes Sunday!



Hello Everyone,

So this past week...

This past week was a good one. We finished our goals on Thursday or Friday I think, so to be honest Saturday and Sunday was a little more relaxing than usual. The only problem with it being relaxing is that no one went to church. We hoped for at least 6 because the people that we are teaching seem promising. But in the end there was nobody. So far this area seems to be difficult. I count the people each week as well. In my year as a missionary, I haven’t seen any more than 76 people at church on Sunday. It’s very sad when each ward or branch has 400 membership records.

I have to use different ideas to get people at church. it should be fun. Oh and this past week we met this awesome couple. Daniel and Camilla. they are very accepting and receptive. I knew they couldn’t come this Sunday because of travels, but they are fulfilling commitments and I am excited to teach and visit with them again.

I have not received any other mail, but that is also because our district changed, so the mail will not be coming each week. Well unless you send it to the Bishop’s address. I am happy that Emily finally got her letter - woo hoo she finally got it! I hope she liked the picture I sent. Lol. 

I have written to every single person so far that has written me. I need to send 3 more letters today. One for you guys, the people that sent me a letter during the Christmas party and the Turners and Woodingtons. Those are the last ones I need to send. Nan should have gotten her letter by now.
I have not taken "the bomb" medicine yet. and also I don’t need anything else from the States at the moment. I am doing fine with everything...always to be honest. It’s a great blessing. Oh and I am sending a memory card home this week!

love,

elder adam jensen

p.s. Oh and did you already get the package back? The one that got taxed and sent back? I hope that you do as that would completely suck it you didn’t. You never know maybe it’s still in the post office here because they forgot about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment