Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 7, 2013

Best letter...




Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 11:08:02 -0300
From: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Hello Everyone,

So this past week...

Has been super slow. I literally felt like I did nothing but we worked liked crazy. It’s really weird because to be honest, no one is progressing and no one is going to church. Nothing is happening here. The children were not baptized but Julho was confirmed so that’s a plus, but in the end nothing went the way we wanted it to. I think we will start a whole new teaching group this week because nothing is working out. We are starting the activities and hopefully with this we should have better results.

But this week I was happy as well because I received a letter from Abraão in Mossoró. He was recently baptized and he sent me a picture of his baptism, but he also put me into the picture next to him. He said on the back that he put me there because he felt like I was there by his side helping him the whole way. It was awesome to see he was baptized and that photo!! Oh and he also wrote this for me:

 "dear elder jensen, I’m writing to tell you how I changed my life, and I will be grateful to you forever. Thank you for coming and making my world a better place. Today I have been blessed by the grace of the Holy Ghost and I am feeling the way I have never felt before. Today I have been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and now I am really feeling alive. Thanks for teaching me to know the truth about the church, because knowing that the Book of Mormon is true leads to the knowledge that Joseph Smith was called as a Prophet and that the Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored through him. You have been more than a missionary, you became a friend and I will never forget it. I hope you never forget as well, today more than ever I wished you were to see my baptism, but wherever you are, you will always be with me...brother. keep saving lives...you are the best, Abraão" 

This letter was probably the happiest day of my mission. Just knowing that someone you taught truly understands and will stay firm in the church. He is a great person and I am thrilled that he was finally baptized. I know I wasn’t there, but it doesn’t matter, because I know that I did my job and through this work I gained an eternal friend.

The children were not baptized. I have no idea where the children are to be honest. but whenever they show up again we will baptize them.

Well I assume Sean would always say that he wants only me back home, because Sean and I don’t fight. I actually have patience! I already made a list for next Christmas. but not worry about it now. I will say it later in the year, but the stuff I would ask for...I would want it to stay home so that when I return it’s all there waiting for me lol.

Oh that sucks to be Emily, missing her plane. I hope that she didn’t worry. That was so nice of Bro. Isacksen with Nic too.

How are the Seahawks doing by the way? Next week I will tell you what letters I got or didn’t get.
Yes this year will be better, we all just need to do our part to make it that way.
I have not bought anything yet with the Christmas money. I think I will today and it will be a secret. Today we are going to pick up some mattresses for our house that are in the secretary’s office, other than that we are going to do nothing. I will look at mail today and see what is there waiting for me though.

Well that is all that has happened. But I got to go now and I love you so much.
Have a great week and I will talk to you next week. 

love,

elder adam jensen





No comments:

Post a Comment