Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Wedding is happening!




Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 10:51:34 -0300
From:
adj1991@myldsmail.net
 

Hello Everyone,

So this past week...

Well last week we were working a lot with Camilla and she was baptized on Saturday, she seemed so happy after she came out of the water. She had asked me to baptize her and of course I accepted. Next Sunday I might confirm her as well. I’m not sure yet, but for the baptism my companion and I made a cake and some brownies. It went pretty well and eerie who was there to watch the baptism enjoyed the brownies. Elder Simpson had a recipe for brownies, they turned out pretty well, but the cake we made was a snicker-doodle cake, and it tasted amazing!!

We tried to get Daniel to go to church, but he has been so not there lately so we might cut him as an investigator. He wants to get baptized and everything, but he just doesn’t want to go to church, so it’s a little frustrating. I would just baptize him, but the rule is at least twice in sacrament meeting to be baptized. Well, they say twice because the truth is that everyone has to be baptized, but it doesn’t mean you have to like the church. It really doesn’t matter if you feel comfortable in the church or not. Everyone in the world needs to be baptized and confirmed, and I never said you can stop going!!! What I said was that you don’t need to like the church or feel comfortable. We have to go to church to partake of the sacrament and to keep the Sabbath day, you have to keep going but it doesn’t mean you have to like it. I kind of think your understanding in the wrong way Mom, so how about we just don’t talk about it?

We are still getting money together for the marriage. I think tonight we should be able to have it all covered. the wedding license and the party. Which is now about 350 reais, the mother of Simony is making her dress, so we don’t even need to pay anything for the clothes that they need. Also, if everything works out, we are still going to plan on baptizing Ricardo with his son Sergio. I just pray that this miracle happens. I did give money but in 60 reais around 30 dollars.

Oh but another big thing I forgot to tell you is that my companion Elder Simpson used to play football at SVU. He was a left tackle, but he screwed up his knee, he told me that the doctor was talking to him before he left for the mission that if he stayed and continued playing football instead of a mission that he would need a knee replacement by the age of 22. That kind of sucks to be him. He has knee pain all the time, but he´s being a man about it and doesn’t slow down or really complain. He really is a trooper! With Camilla being baptized, it was Elder Simpson’s 2nd baptism on the mission!! I know that Elder Simpson liked it at SUV but he doesn’t want to stay there. He is thinking of other schools in Utah or BYU Hawaii when he returns from his mission.

That is pretty cool about Nic going for a big scholarship and another school or SVU?  I hope Sean does football because it’s a great game and it is some exercise, oh and I am also happy that Sean is doing history day because I wish I would have done it. Mom, I hope that you can stay fine. No worrying as it will just make your health worse. Staying positive and not trying to worry is a great medicine. In all situations you just pray for the best.

I should get lots of mail this week, I only got Sean’s letter for now. I should be getting more mail on Wednesday. I hope I get a lot. I only received that first package with the book that had the crystal light packets.

Ok, sounds it amazing for me to go to Hawaii instead of a cruise which would be very expensive. I hope that it would all work out. When would we go and what are the plans for Hawaii? I am not sure which weekend is President’s Day is next year? But I would love Hawaii with my family!!

But hey I need to go now. I love you a lot and I hope you are feeling better. Stay strong. 

Oh and I will write the same little note I wrote dad.

“To be successful we have to sacrifice who we are so that we can become.”

 Until next week,

 love,

 elder adam jensen




No comments:

Post a Comment