Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 25, 2013

We doubled our lessons - almost!!






Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 15:36:17 -0200
Subject: weekly email
From:
adj1991@myldsmail.net


Hello Everyone,

So this past week....

Our zone had a goal for this week that we would double our lessons. The Mission asks of us to do at least 25 in total, so doublling would be at least 50 lessons. Our zone leaders promised it would help to have baptisms and new investigators and they would all be at church. WELL., I was like ok –sure I will do it!! I need all the help I can get anyways. Well, we now have two baptisms set for next week, and two really good and nice people that truly seem like people that will stay in the church for a life time, but the sad news we only finished the week with 49 lessons!! WHAT A BUMMER! But hey at least we tried.

I realized that it’s actually hard to double the lesson count when you only plan to have 25 lessons it’s as though your whole planning goes crazy. Usually you pass in each house for about 45 minutes and get to know the person, understand their needs and give a lesson. Yeah, it was more like 20 minutes for each person instead of having 5 people per day, you ended up having 10 appointments each day – CRAZINESS!! 
Oh we didn’t baptize anybody either, but the other missionaries that live with us did. I was happy for them and their baptisms. They had two people a brother and sister that are very reverend and willing and trying to do their best in everything. I like them a lot!!
 
My companion points out young women lately and I can’t say or something is blocking me from caring about other women, it’s actually kind of a nice feeling!! But my companion has been out for only 4 months. and he is more trunky than I am! I am working hard and trying – it’s though he just hasn’t found his purpose yet…but he is great and will on his Mission!   Also, here in the northeast it is so hot out, so it gives girls a reason to wear clothing a little tighter and a little smaller that’s kind of how I see it. I can see them, but it’s like I only see what’s wrong with them - like, hmmm - not for me – more modesty please! But yeah, that’s funny about Jacob needing his bedroom so hot, but yeah the room can be 85 degrees, but we all sleep with a fan on, so like 75 degrees in the room is perfect…hahaha!

I bought a couple things with my birthday money, but I have most of it stored in my wallet at the moment, no stores here accept debit/credit cards so I took all the money out and if I have something that I really want to buy, and then I will, but for now I am saving it until those moments. Also, a suit would be nice, but it’s not something I will need. like it’s not a necessity at this moment, So it can wait.  



So when I get back....I haven’t thought about this in a long time like what would I like to eat after the airport? To be honest I was thinking that we could either.....go to a small place, like Red Robin/Applebee’s or somewhere like that or we can go to the Temple together as a family and whoever else goes to the airport that is a worthy member can join us, but then maybe we will have to wait until the following week, I need to get released first. It would be nice to have a few things back home when I get there, but there is no need to go and buy stuff just for me when I get back. Obviously, I love Dr.Pepper and Mt.Dew, but really there is no need to go head over heels for when I get back, if you want, really, we can just relax :D I know that you said that you thought this day would never come or you wouldn’t make it the two years, but hey here it is and really I never thought I would make it either!!!

I know that Thanksgiving is Thursday but we’re not planning on doing anything together at the house, it doesn’t exist here so it’s just another day like always. 

The cereal package still hasn’t arrived or the last time I checked it hadn’t. I know that you sent another one too for Christmas, I hope it arrived now because the Assistants will be here tonight, and I think they will bring packages and letters!! If you mail anymore packages, and whatever things are in it don’t say what’s in the package. The mail people can steal it, I know that it is not quite being honest, but really it is ridiculous that way! 

Well that’s all that really happened this past week, but hey I have to go now. I love you so much Mom.

love,


elder adam jensen

I miss you a lot!!



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment