Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Friday, December 6, 2013

A New Companion and A New Area - Kind of...~!


 

Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 15:53:20 -0200
From: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Hello Everyone
 

So this past week...

We baptized Iliane on Sunday, and then she got married on Tuesday. It was a whole lot of running around to get her baptized. On Sunday morning, the things that happened were ridiculous, but we managed to get her to church and to be baptized. I was super happy and so was she! My companion obviously baptized her because he was in the area for longer and she started to progress when it was only him there.

Other things that happened...I had to travel the whole day yesterday my P-Day and transfer day. I had left Rio Tinto at 6:30 a.m. and got to João Pessoa at about 8 a.m. and then I traveled to Campina Grande afterwards. However, I got to Campina Grande at about 10 a.m. and received a call at the same time to return to João Pessoa so that I could talk with the Mission President, but he wasn’t at the mission home until 2:30 p.m. Well, I waited and waited and I talked with him, and then got another bus back to Campina Grande at about 4 p.m. and arrived here at 6p.m. It was ridiculous, but what could I do? I didn’t have any time yesterday to write back home, and I only have like 10 minutes today because it’s not p-day anymore. I only have time to write what happened and why I didn’t write until now. I saw President because I wasn’t able to travel with someone due to money and time, and because I knew where I was going one day before they told everyone. He was angry because of this, it was all a little confusing and miss-communication, but that’s what happened and he is fine with me now!

Other than that, I am good and I am happy I returned to Campina Grande, the same area that I served the last time I was here. Everyone was so happy when they saw me - or well the ones that I visited, I gave them all hugs!!

My new companion is Elder Garcia. He is from Bolivia. I will say more next Monday. I don’t have any more time. I am sorry. I love you and I will try to talk more on Monday.

I only have 41 days left. and it’s going by fast already!!!!!

love,

elder adam jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment