Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas BBQ





Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 11:27:29 -0200
Subject: weekly email
From:
adj1991@myldsmail.net


Hello Everyone!


So this past week...

Well I got here on Wednesday at about 6 p.m. except I had to wait at the bus station for a half hour because the other missionaries didn’t get there until 6:30, but it was like whatever. We started off visiting some people that I came to love the last time I was here and all of them were so excited to see me. It was a good refresher to happiness lol. But yeah, we only have a few solid investigators, but one of them is a man named George who went to church and still wants us to visit him and his family on Tuesday. Except next week I am praying and hoping that he will bring the rest of the family next time. On Sunday it was just him. Yeah I was moved back to Campina Grande which I find is a good thing because I liked it here, or well most of it here. I am visiting a lot of members that are less-active at this moment. Some members have fallen away since I left which isn’t a good thing. But yeah the area was divided so I don’t have to go out to the farm areas anymore. But I am still senior companion. When I left this area the first time, there was an attendance of about 100 people, but Sunday was really bad. There were only 56 people. I was shocked to see that very few people went to church.

Hopefully next week it will be better. I know that some people are just lacking in faith, but I can always help with that, but yes I am doing good and I am not in trouble, it’s just that the President wanted to talk to me because I didn’t want to spend more money waiting for another missionary that would travel to a whole different area than where I am at - and because someone told me the transfer just one day before the transfer, the President was more mad about that. The fact that someone told me one day before!! Ridiculous!! The new President just doesn’t trust anyone and doesn’t really care for the real needs of the Missionary; he just wants the mission to be how he wants it and no exceptions -but Oh well!! I don’t know why I have moved the last three transfers. Our new President likes to move people around a lot, it’s weird, but I am fine with it. I like it here in Campina Grande. 

In the ward here, they had a ward BBQ as a Christmas party - and it was a lot of meat!! I ate a ton!! I think I ate a little too much, because I didn’t feel too great afterwards. The only problem that the ward had with this BBQ is that about 90 people from the ward went to the BBQ, but didn’t want to go to church the next day, kind of ridiculous I would say!

Well I wasn’t able to talk last week due to traveling but I am doing good and only 35 days left. I am a little sad because I miss home. some people here have fallen away, like the ones I thought would stay. Some people have divorced; some people are talking bad about the church now. It makes me sad because I have so much love for these people, but can’t do anything!

My new companion is Elder Garcia from Bolivia. He is about 5'3" or 5'4" and he has about 3 months on the mission and speaks very well already! He’s. already fluent in Portuguese except he doesn’t like to speak much during a lesson, well I am trying to help him open up a little more as the days go by and I am finishing Elder Garcia’s training I am still the Senior companion and nothing more. This makes me happy with that, I don’t have as much responsibility but this week wasn’t bad. But Elder Garcia is about Mom’s height or maybe a little smaller. I make jokes about his height every day, it makes me laugh but that’s about it. One good thing though is that we had a guy come to church that liked it and wants to bring the rest of his family next week. I sure hope that it all goes well and he actually gets his family to go.

I am sorry. I didn’t even realize about your birthday. I have been a little lost lately, not thinking about anything some days I am like a robot. You guys just went to Gavin’s for a dinner for your birthday? Or you were sick and stayed home on your birthday?

The scripture you left was interesting. I forgot that scripture. I just remember reading it once or hearing it once. it was either a video from Neil L. Maxwell or from seminary, oh well doesn’t really matter, but it’s very interesting.

I am very excited for the packages, it’s just they haven’t arrived yet. how much did they cost? the packages?

How is everyone doing? a little stressed out due to Christmas. I think that you will be happy when we all leave the house and have families because then it would only be one present per family. It would be a couple for each child. I am realizing that it’s better to have less children because you spend less for Christmas, but having more children you have a bigger tax return after Christmas. so which is better?!?!?

I love you a lot and I will talk to you next week at about the same time. we moved back to the morning. I hope you have a great week and with a lot of health. I pray for you and everyone back home but I need to go now.

love,


elder adam jensen


and no package still. Sorry!!




No comments:

Post a Comment