Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 30, 2013

Super Trunky!


 
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 15:44:24 -0200
From:
adj1991@myldsmail.net

So this past week....

We worked and worked and worked. I ate a lot and gained a few pounds. But on the plus side, my pants still fit!! And, we found an amazing family! 4 people actually. Mom, Dad and two sons. The mom and dad didn’t go to church due to work, but the boys went and they loved it. We told them to get the parents excited for next week. They all said they would go next week. Maybe if they all go, this family will be my lasts baptisms on the mission. That would be nice to baptize a whole family right at the end. The boys are twelve years old.

I am sorry I am so late emailing today, I couldn’t get on. The stupid internet here has always been horrible. But the LAN house - like crashed!!  I really have nothing else to say actually. That’s really all that happened. People had Christmas dinners, but since nobody eats until midnight, we didn’t eat anywhere! But we did happen to find a pizza place open, so we ate pizza with nice cold Coca-Cola! Merry Christmas Elders!

I am getting super trunky; I am just missing and remembering things from back home. I am trying to stay focused, but I didn’t know how hard it would be near the end. I would like it that everyone goes to the airport, especially the ones that wouldn’t be able to come over on the 18th for the Open House and because our house is kind of almost in Canada!

Howard comes back the week after me from Porte Allegro, I know that Ammon will be over a lot or I will be there a lot and Emily emailed me as well - She is having a good time, but obviously a little frustrated that she doesn’t have her visa to Fortaleza yet!

Missionaries who were leaving to go home used to be able to go to the Temple the night before they left, but we stopped going to the temple when the new Mission President came. Usually the ones leaving from their mission would go as there last day, but we don’t do that anymore. Kind of sad, but it’s like whatever!!

With our Mission President, we will have lunch with him, and then we will leave to visit something’s, and then we have our interview and then that’s it. Nothing more. Then the next day we get all of our stuff and go to the airport. I am flying out of Atlanta through Delta at like 9 in the morning or something like that back to Seattle.

I would love to visit Brazil again. But, no I would not extend my mission even if I could. I would only stay in Brazil if I could without being as a missionary.  I love the people here and I always want to visit them, the only thing is that I could not live here forever. It’s the same apartment as before, when I had this area in Campina Grande, in total there are four of us and it is still the red and white building.

What is planned back home for New Year? On New Year’s in our mission, we literally can do nothing! Nothing is planned and nobody even invites the missionaries to anything. We have no plans for New Year because we have to be inside by 9:30 p.m. I would leave and go to a member’s house and eat the food and see other people, but it’s at midnight and not everyone in the house wants to go!!

I still have money and yes I was able to get the rest of the money out of the Credit Union finally!

Please just bring my coat to the airport, but in all honesty I think I will be fine when I get home. It will be like continually taking a cold shower when I arrive. I already take cold showers, so I think I will get used to the cold again – it won’t take long – lol!

But I have to go now. I love you a lot and I will talk to you next week. Hopefully it will at the expected time next week around 5:30am your time!
Oh, and I already assumed I would speak on the 19th. Who else will be speaking with me?

love

 
elder adam jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment