Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas in Brazil and Skyping~!


 

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 18:23:22 +0430
Subject: weekly email
From:
adj1991@myldsmail.net
To: jensens6@msn.com

Hello Everyone,

So this past week.....


I did a division (splits) with the Mission President’s Assistants, we marked a few people to be baptized and we visited a lot of in-active people because the ward here needs it, but when Sunday rolled around and nobody wanted to go to church or still be baptized, so it was not a rewarding Sunday. Well in the morning it wasn’t, but Sunday night we met up with the Zone and we all sang Christmas hymns at an orphanage. It was very spiritual and sweet, except if thinking the missionaries were singing super loud, but at the end we hugged everyone and gave them our Christmas hats (like the Santa Claus ones) but that was literally my week.

Oh but on Saturday there was an amazing lunch. There were a bunch of people, and my companion and I won bingo which was just chocolate, but it was a good Saturday!!

I am doing well, but I saw that you went to the hospital - was it like a concentration camp this time like you said last time with me?  How are you doing Mom?

Do you know what Gavin bought me for Christmas? He bragged about it a little when he emailed me and he said it was very expensive, I am very curious!!  That’s really nice of Gavin and Lindsey, but I am excited to know what he got for me and I hope he likes the gift if got for him.

On Christmas Day we will have a bbq at the Bishop’s house. He is from the South, so it should be good!! For Christmas night we will be Skyping and then hanging out with our Zone Leaders. On Christmas Eve, we don’t yet know of any plans and if we will have dinner because everyone likes to eat at midnight!  I will be Skyping at about 2 p.m. Your time, is that a good time for all of you?

I have already written to grandma and she already wrote me back and she told me about how she has read the Book of Mormon, D & C and the New Testament but she won’t finish before the end of the year!

Your Christmas Eve plans are great and I would like this tradition every year with no worries and nobody coming over and what not, just a show/concert and dinner, I would enjoy this very much.
On the 17th after I get back, we can eat lunch back form the airport and then go to President Southworth’s home and he can release me. As I am coming home around noon, if we go out to eat then we would probably see him at about 4 or something like that. If I have to wait until the night time it would be kind of annoying, I wouldn’t want to go home and then leave again just for him to take my nametag off, blessing and be released.

But I have to go now. I will talk on Wednesday – Christmas Eve.

I love you and wish Dad a late happy birthday!!!

love,

 
elder adam jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment