Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 16, 2012

Hey, how is everyone doing?    Today is my actual p-day. I think my companion and I will be on the computer at the same time every Monday, so it is about 10:40 a.m. here, so minus 5 hours for back home and that's when I will be on. (Adam and I were again able to kind of instand message again today:)
 
Hmmm, somethings that are new....in Sousa, or well in a lot of parts of Brazil I found out that it is true that we throw away the toilet paper, not flush it. The toilets just are not made to do something such as flushing paper. At the CTM in Sao Paolo the toilets were able to, I guess the toilets that do are very expensive here, so not very many places has them. The chapel however does... The chapel here is two floors. The classrooms are on the bottom floor and the Sacrament meeting is upstairs, they do have an elevator , just in case of handicapped people, but the elevator is broken. 
 
On my next email I will send some pictures I took today. There are not that many; I've also included some pictures that I took while at the CTM.
 
These computers are pretty slow lol. Hopefully it works.Oh and I will be in Sousa for 12 weeks, so count eleven weeks from now and that will be my first actual transfer because I could be leaving Sousa. My companion is the District Leader, and the other two Elders are the Zone Leaders. except we never have a zone meeting out here because it would cost too much money. Our zone is gigantic. I think our zone consists of 5 hours on a bus. All the Missionaries in the middle of nowhere haha!  We were supposed to get money today, but the money is not in the bank for some reason that we don't know. Maybe later it will be in there. 
We have 6 new investigators and this week we're teaching them all, and hopefully by not this Sunday, but next,  they will be baptized. It is honestly that easy here; except not for me because my Portuguese sucks. Oh,  and there is a Senior couple here that are Missionaries, and guess what?? They speak English!!!  So, if I need anything I am in good hands -  all because of English!!  So, each day I am understanding more and more, but I am not speaking as much as I should in Portuguese. That is one of my goals. to really force myself to speak Portuguese as much as I can.
 
Another thing, I found out how much a new Camaro costs in Brazil, something like 185,000 reals,  that is like 90 something thousand dollars, or close to $100,000 lol,  totally sucks!  It's kind of funny here, because were not in summer, but if you can take all the hot days of  Washington, and picture that every single day, that is exactly what Sousa is like!!  I sweat too much, but the hankerchiefs are coming in handy,  maybe a little too much. I just popped, or fixed the two blisters I have on my feet,  the blisters are small but they still suck all the same. We walk a lot, so when in doubt, protect your feet as much as possible.
 Our area is huge. we probably walk a good....at least over 10 miles in just one part of the area in half the day. Something else that is different here... is that at noon we come back inside until 2:30pm because the sun is too strong and no one is outside at that time. I find it kind of crazy, but its nice to have a midday nap.

There is one thing that you could do, is to send recipes for desserts. There are some sisters in the area that want to cook American desserts because I am here -  lol. Thats really all that is needed to be sent. Yeah Sousa does remind me of Malaysia a lot, or of what I remember of Malaysia. We have a dinner calendar, but it's not dinner, it is a lunch calendar. Our dinners are either a hit or a miss, depending on how much money we have.  Except every Sunday we have a dinner planned, so pretty awesome there!!.
Next week I can send picture of the Temples that I have been to. Wow I did not hear that Howard went to Iowa. Oh and yeah I think it is 80 something degrees today or maybe 90 right now!!
OK well hopefuly your on, and I can email back again soon!   I dont know.  OK well I have to go now. I love you alot and no I haven't heard from anyone else!!!!!!

love,
elder adam jensen

Well talk to you later Mom. Love you again.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ADAM, its Nephi. I forgot to include my name in the first one. Anyway, it sounds like an interesting trip. Do you have any way of chatting, or do we have to write ridiculously long emails?

      Delete