Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Saturday, April 14, 2012

I've arrived in Sousa~

Hey how are you all doing? When I arrived I went to the Mission home, which is inside of a condo building. The elevator goes straight up to the living room.   My new area and apartment is now 6 hours away from the mission home and office.  I am far west of Jiao Pessoa. I am in my new area which is called Sousa, and it is pronounced soo za, it is definitely hotter here than Sao Paolo. I am not too excited for when it rains here, but we will have to see I don't think I have sweated so much in my life, and it has only been one actual day!! I've come to realize, and I noticed today just how bad my Portuguese is, so many people have different accents and it makes it more difficult to understand. The apartment is nothing nice, and I never expected it to be, but I am not discouraged, our apartment is better than the first one I stayed in last night, and that was the AP's apartment, pretty bad!!  The bed's still look old and not too appetizing, but it's something to deal with, and no I have not seen any bugs in the apartment yet, but we will see. It looks clean enough to where there might not be any.  I just have to get out and do the work. I am here and meant to do the Lord's work and not really worry about anything else.

 I do hope my planter, the one that dad actually built will grow strawberries in it, but then again all the strawberries need is some faith and hope. I mean water and sunlight lol and they will do just fine. Oh and you have no idea how much I want a nice juicy medium rare steak right now. I can’t have anything with pink in it here, but even if I don’t have anything with pink I know I’m guaranteed to receive worms at least once. That’s what the AP said to me on the bus to the Mission President’s house. My new companion is pretty cool, he is from São Paulo.

What has everyone been up to? I still don't feel that good. .. Oh and don't worry about me, I will be fine, and yeah I can take a lot of photos and I can just send them through this computer. I am very excited to keep learning, even though I really have to now lol.  I like the language and the people are nice, oh and for some reason if I email you and you email back right away, I don't receive it right away,  but now in the field I get an hour instead a half an hour, so maybe I will see your emails. (This week we were both able to kind of instant message the same time) I am happy I am able to email as well.  Elder Willard sent me an email about how he is still there. I feel bad for him, but I know that he won’t be there for long.

The countdown is on until I call you on Mother's day.  I don't know how long I can talk for, but I will most likely call you and we will talk for probably an hour and then that will be it until Christmas. I am supposed to email every week, the Mission encourages it because they don't want worried Mothers lol.

I don’t think it will be this time or every Wednesday.  I think the real p-day is on Monday and the times might be a little different each time, but it will end up being around the same time eventually. Well this will be the last email I think because my companion is done. I love you all and I know that you are being so blessed with me serving. Man just think of how much more you will be blessed when Nic goes out and serves. CRAZY!  I love you so much and I do miss you but my work is here and I hope that everything at home is going great.  Well, tell me just about everything, and I will do the same, talk to you soon.
love
elder adam Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment