Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 30, 2012

No road names and marriage???


Hello Family
Well hey how are you doing? Well, in Sousa the streets are not really marked, so I don’t have an address. Kind of odd I know, but it’s just the way it is. To fill out the records for our investigators is kind of hard because of no street address. We either have to describe the house and in what area, or guess on the address, or what the investigator tells us what the address is. No big issue, but it could be in the long run lol.

Well anyways, I found this name card inside of my apartment. This card is super cool and I would want cards just like this. I will attach photos of the card. And at the end of the email I will describe the backside of the card. anyways, I have decided that after each area and with each SD card I will send pictures back home, and also on the SD card I will send a video of me and how I am doing and new things, and also you will be able to see my tan.

Well, some other new things is that on Saturday I went back to Pau dos Ferros, and this time I brought mosquito repellent, so I did not receive any new bug bites. I am super happy because of that. On Sunday we ended up having, or well just my companion and I had a total of 8 people come to church on Sunday. This was pretty awesome I know. We have two meeting times on Sunday, so I just add up everyone that came to each.

Another thing that I find awesome is my weight. I figured it out in pounds, 
So when I started the mission I was 230 lbs. and now I weigh 193 lbs. Super Awesome. I weighed myself and I am 92 kilos. I was pretty excited when I finished the math in pounds. I didn’t realize that 12 kilos is like 37 pounds.

The mail again...the mail only comes once a month, so if you want the package to get to me in June, then you will have to send it by next week, and if you are doing everything on the list, could you make sure that "Clare de Lune" by Debussy is on the thumb drive. Thumb drives here work the best for music because of the type of stereo systems they have here.

There was recently an American Missionary who finished his mission in January, and he came to Sousa to pick up his future wife. Anyways, the fiancé has a sister who wants to marry an American as well, and I am the only American here. This was a little frightening to know, because this is my first area, and I wasn’t really planning on trying to find my wife on the mission!!! Especially in Sousa. Well she is very cute and 18, but good news is that I am not really attracted to her. So I am not thinking about marrying this one. Lol Hahaha.

I did find out that in Natal where it is a little cooler is only cooler because it has a lot of wind, but the actual tempature is the same as sousa. about 100 degrees f.  Natal is supposed to be the nicest area in my mission.

The card... Elder Adam D. Jensen

Missão Brasil João Pessoa

2012-2014

R. Deputado José Mariz, #515 

João Pessoa, PB 58042-020 


I love you so much. I was going to say something else but I forgot, anyways I have to go now. I love you so much and I am happy and love this family so much.    Love elder adam jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment