Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Monday, May 28, 2012

Another baptism!

Hello Everyone
Hmmm so something’s that happened this week....I went to Pombal and it was pretty good. I got to do a lot of lessons with an Elder named Elder Filbert who is from São Paulo, except he just got emergency transferred to João Pessoa on Sunday. So his companion is with us for now. His companion is named Elder Marston from Illinois and he has only 6 months left. It’s kind of sad that everyone in my apartment has less than 8 months left.
The girl went very well. I baptized her yesterday. During church her Mom kept telling everyone that I am going to marry her daughter. Why do I have to be American and a missionary who happens to look good in the missionary attire! oh well, I just shrug it off and laugh and don’t say anything when the Mom starts talking about marriage and how missionaries can’t have girlfriends for two years. Other than that the mom I think was more spiritually happier than the daughter. She was crying the whole time during the baptism. The girls name is Iamanda if I forgot to say this. Oh and with the guy with the car, we still haven’t seen him, It kind of sucks but I know we will eventually see him.
We just focused so much time on Iamanda´s family this week.
I most likely will receive all of your letters because we are now receiving the letters on the 5th of June. We are receiving them later because of the date of the huge training meeting for zone leaders was changed to that day it was changed because they just had one last week.
I am happy all of you guys are doing so well. I am doing pretty good as well, and my health is good, no issues here. Oh except on Wednesday I was walking in missionary speed, and walked straight into a metal box thing that covers the air conditioning unit outside. It did not feel good, and I had an egg on my forehead for like 3 days. it’s obviously gone now, and I am happy about that.
Well, I am super excited for the 5th because I get to receive so many cool things!!!! ahh I really can’t wait. Mail day and allowance days are the best. Oh, and p-days are much better. I know now how to distract myself enough to where I don’t think of home or feel homesick. P-days are pretty good now actually. I am enjoying them a lot. President Hall helped me a lot with that. P-day is not a personal day it is a preparation day.
From what I now know, all of the Mission is about the same unless you have Natal north or the area right next to where the President lives. Those two areas are the only two rich areas that are in the mission, but the good things about those two is that they have more stores with more things that Americans are used to, like barbeque sauce! Oh how I miss this delicious Heavenly sauce. Elder Marston the other missionary won’t be here long maybe another two days or today, I don’t really know. I did forget to tell you that no one on the mission has cars, except for the Mission President, so it is always walking everywhere, but my feet are used to it now. I think my body too, because I am not seeing weight coming off, so I guess that means I need to eat a little better as well. not a problem... eating better is easy!
ok well I have to go now, and go eat lunch with the Senior Couple here. They feed us so well, and spoil us every time we go over there. I love you so much, and I am so excited for the packages. I hope the video will be there along with everything, it will be like skyping, but not lol. I do miss you, and I am so happy to hear the blessings you all receive. I am so happy I have such a loving family.
love
elder adam jensen

p.s. oh and the only things that I have made so far in the apt are pancakes, French toast and sandwiches. oh and I made syrup for the pancakes and French toast.
Oh, but could you find out for me, what the recipe for Sister Woolbert's syrup is. I know she never gives it up, but I just want to see if I can make it down here due to ingredients not so readily available. but it would be an awesome treat to me to make some of that syrup. Anyways
love you again
tchau elder adam jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment