Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Sunday, December 2, 2012

A letter from Elder Jensen

Dear Family,

Since moving to the Mossoro house we have killed two rats (not just one) that were huge by the way. Actually with the second rat, everyone else was too scared to put the rat out of it's misery, so I had to be the man of the house and do it by crushing it's head, Oh btw I do have the video and pictures if you want to see them!!

I am glad to report that I have finally eaten the best chicken of my mission. This lady in our church told us that she had a 'special' chicken for us and to be totally honest - I was a little worried at this point. She then bought out boneless marinated breast meat with onions and peppers. It literally tasted like a good Mexican restaurant. I was pretty happy with this meal!

Also, randomly our water runs out here, so we usually have to wait around 2 - 3 days to get water back in our water bucket which is above our house. When this happens we take water from the street into buckets and take showers with that. Along with that a few weeks ago our power also went out and I mean out (not like on Camano Island). It sucked! It went out at 11:00pm and didn't come back on until 5:30am. It was so hot and in the 100's. I defininately did not sleep that night and I was fasting. Here we fast from lunch to lunch, by the next day I was dying, but now ALL is well!

My new companion is Elder Claudio who is from Las Vegas and is pretty cool, he has 19 months on his mission. Our new way of working is better, we stop worrying about numbers and really help the ward first, then investigators. We are now going to make sure this ward has FHE activity nights and HOME TEACHING. A lot of people in the Ward have no family to have FHE with, so we are using the Bishopric for that. Each Monday we will have FHE in the house of the Bishopric and have FHE with those who do not have families, the same for activity nights. (Well they just don't have activities here) Oh, and they have NEVER done H.T! It's really sad but I'm more excited to work this way, because less than 5 years ago the Ward had about 150 in attendance and now they have less than 60 every Sunday. It truly does make me sad when once a big happy ward is now dying fast.

You know I am really liking my mission and I see each day more reasons why I am here and who I have to see. It is hard, I am learning to live in a 3rd world country, but so far I know why a mission can be truly worth it. The blessings from service truly are beyond measure. I have learned that if you literally try to count your blessings and look forward to what could come, then you will feel a lot of joy and happiness

Te amo!

elder adam jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment