Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Egg Salad Sandwiches


Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 11:44:45 -0300
From: adj1991@myldsmail.net

This past week....

So Sunday came around and no one was baptized.... :( but it’s all good. We never marked Etianny and Abraão. They are very firm and I know they will be baptized, but they just can’t have a date. For them I know it will be a spontaneous thing that will just have to wait. They are great people, but something is up with them that I or my companion cannot point out.

Oh but on Sunday, my companion and I received a huge blessing with 12 investigators in the sacramental meeting. Oh man it was awesome!!! It was sweet because 8 of the 12 are progressing and 2 of them are already marked for baptism this month. It’s so exciting to know how success works and how the Lord blessing those who serve him.

So when I made lunch, I thought of something that is super simple that none of the Brazilians have ever eaten before. Egg salad sandwiches. Ha! I thought it was hilarious that I fed them this but they all loved it. Today though, a member will be making homemade pizza with us. Is should be very good because there are three Americans here ready to just chow down. Oh and to make the pizza taste good. The northeast is not a place to eat pizza.

Nothing else has really been happening, except for me starting to run in the mornings, and I am down to 85 kilos, which is 187 lbs. it’s still a little fat, but I am able to look fit when I get back. I know I can.

Wow I just realized how close Christmas is. It’s awesome!! Would you like to know what else is awesome....the number of weeks for each transfer will change next year, it’s a big leap from when I entered into the MTC. I think it will change to 5 weeks instead of 6 but it could be less. I also think I will stay here until January. I have no idea how many areas we have or zones. I think we have like 15 zones or 14, but to be honest I like it here more than Sousa. Everything here is third world but it’s all divided here, like rich, poor, poorer, and poorest. Also, I will be home on the 17th of Jan 2014!!

I love you with all my heart and the people here as well. And I am pretty sure I speak fluently now....it’s about time. And I hope you all have a great week. But I am sorry, but I got to go now. I love you a lot and I am excited to email about letters I will have received, and if maybe from a new area, but I hope not. Oh and happy birthday Mom! I know it is early but I won’t be able to say it next week!

Love,

elder adam jensen

p.s. we can also do the cruise the last week of Jan. and next week I will be emailing on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment