Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Totally forgot it was Thanksgiving!


From: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Monday 26th November 2012,

Hello Everyone,

So this past week and today...

This past week we worked a lot with Abraão and Eitianny, and we tried so hard to get them baptized, but they both want to wait until next week. I think that is totally fine, but it does kind of suck to zero in the month. But with time I know that the Lord will bless us and them with this decision. This mission is a lot about baptizing, but I am understanding a lot more about helping the needs of the investigators and members. I want them to make the right choice for themselves. I don’t want to just do the things I am doing to get good numbers at the end of the week. Actually with really good numbers usually also has no Spirit with me. I just need to understand what I need to do to strengthen this area. But yeah I think Abraão and Etianny will be baptized this up-coming Sunday. They both said yes to the date.

Today I went and bought a new suit with the money from Gavin for my birthday. Thanks Gavin! The suit is nice and a lot smaller. I finally got the skinny fit suit. I look pretty good in it Lol. What I mean is that suits have different styles, skinny and straight. I got the skinny. It looks a lot better and it motivates me to be a lot more fit than I already am. I also bought a new hammock, new watch, and a lot of photos. Also today I am going to make lunch for me and the Elders I live with along with some of the youth and guys, that I work with and Abraão. The lunch should be good. Today, I also tried to email you some photos but the stupid port is broken! Stupid computers at the LAN house! At Christmas time, you can take photos during Skype, and I will try to send photos next Monday.

Oh and I made splits with other Elders from a different area. It went very well. I like being the senior in these situations. I think I will become senior soon, but no promises. Anyways...yep!

Anyways, that’s about all that happened this past week.

I know that the Christmas package cost $60 to send. The mass email from the Church was sent to all missionaries. I understand that I wouldn’t want the package to be sent back either, but I think that it will be fine.

I know that you can worry and pray but everything will all work itself out gradually, it will and I promise that it will. The church will always be true, there is no need to worry about others but always take care of you and your families salvation through the only true church on this earth, always keep and continue keeping the covenants with God. Rich blessings are in store! I swear I am telling the truth I am a missionary. I always know what is actually going on.

Hey but I got to go now. I love you a lot and stay strong and focus on strengthening your testimony as I am doing with mine. Use that faith you have and you’ll never have to worry about the rest.

I worked on Thanksgiving and actually I forgot that it was Thanksgiving until that night at like 9:30 p.m.

Love,

elder adam Jensen

p.s. I will be here next Monday

p.s. As for the cruise.... I go back to school the first week of April. I come back the last day in January of 2014. I don’t have school in August of 2014, but I would need to work during August because I will go back to school in September right after, but yeah in Feb or March would be great to do the cruise and a lot of Elders have said that royal Caribbean is better and for at least a week long. Oh and I would want to leave from California down to Mexico. but if we can’t do that then Seattle up to Alaska

(Adam is becoming pretty demanding and spoilt ~ Mom!)

Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 12:09:45 -0200
Subject: Re: Happy Monday
From: adj1991@myldsmail.net
To: jensens6@msn.com

Good Morning

Missionaries, please forward this email to your families.

For those of you who do not know, the Brazilian government will on occasion apprehend some packages that come from the United States, and then charge a large import tax for us to receive the package here. In this situation in the past, we have been paying the tax, and have the missionary reimburse the mission for the cost from their personal funds. Because of the increasing number of instances of this occurrence, as well as the difficulties to receive the money back from missionaries, we will now be discontinuing this practice. All packages that the Brazilian government chooses to take and tax now, will just be returned back to the United States.

There are, however, a few simple tips and guides you can follow, that greatly increase the chances that your package will arrive here without any problems.

1. Do not send any form of electronic devices.

2. If you wish to send new clothing, remove it from the packaging, wash it, fold it normal, and call it used clothing on the declaration form.
3. Don’t send packages with contents exceeding $50 of value. If you wish to send more than that, it is best to send the items in multiple packages.

4. Be very thorough in filing out the declaration form. Weigh the package, and make sure the actual weight agrees with the weight written on the declaration forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment