Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas Eve

 
December 24th, 2012
 
  
So this past week....
 
We had some good lessons and some good people, but none of them went to church. At church we ended up having a young woman, and 3 primary children that are our investigators. It kind of sucked, but it’s all good in the end. Oh and had no baptisms!! But next Sunday we should be having 2 baptisms of primary children. Sabrina, 9 years and Filipe that is 10 years old. They are two really good children that love the church. It should be really good baptizing them.

This past week as well, we had a lesson with a man named Francisco who believes in everything but he is afraid of leaving his other church he has been at for 20 years. The spirit was really strong when we were talking with him, and in the end I just felt like I really needed to lay it into him that he needs to choose. He already believes and the spirit has already testified but he just won’t change, so I gave him the lesson about two masters and said we won’t go back there until he chooses. Well he didn’t go this Sunday, so I think he chose, or didn’t wake up. I’m hoping its more about waking up. Anyways, we have a lot of this here,  people believing in everything, but not understanding the importance. We try to explain so hard, but it’s like something is blocking them from understanding.  It sucks, but it’s just the things that happen on the mission. 
 
So I didn’t receive the package or letters yet. I think I will get them on Wednesday when the other two elders I live with will go to the office and get our mail. I’m hoping and praying that I will be able to get everything safely and on Wednesday.  Yeah and if anything is still in the package, like clothes, it’s usually not taxed if the tag is taken off and taken out of the packaging. But it’s all good. I will ask the secretary, and yeah we will see how much it is. and that would be nice. Thank you!!
 
Well I had to ask the lady for ten more minutes,  and she said that’s cool. Maybe I will receive Emily’s letter before she leaves on her mission, but then as you’ve just told me that she hasn’t put her papers in and expects me to wait, she’d better start writing more LOL!   It’s really weird having Christmas on the mission because you don’t even realize its Christmas only because it’s so hot and you tend to work a lot your mind really isn’t within the times. 
 
Well  john person means João Pessoa and if  the package was taxed, then yes it is waiting at the post office. I am not sure at this time how much the tax is for the package, but that would be lovely to have money in my account. I think because the church will charge my account soon due to the garments. I don’t think it charged my account and maybe he can pay for it now and I will pay the mission back or him back. 
 
I will be Skyping from the church. So something that we could do so we don’t have any awkward silences during Skype, we could do a little activity that could help us all improve. 
This is for everyone that would be there during the Skype session. 
  • how could adapting your teaching or attitude to the necessities of the person you are talking to?
  • how could inspired questions help a relationship or conversation?
  • how can the attribute of listening help you?
  • how can inviting others to make commitments help?
  • how can bearing your testimony for someone help?
  • and how can accompanying someone help?
 
(At this point I reminded Adam that we will not be lost for words and this is his brothers he is talking about – so this little lesson went out of the window)
 
 
…and yeah I know were talking about my brothers. It's questions that will make you think and maybe grow to be a better you within the family. 
 
I have no idea what I will be doing tomorrow for Christmas Day and I get 60 dollars every 15-17 days to live on from the Church.  I know that Mom has had a few people requesting to be her friend on Facebook just accept anyone who wants to be my friend on FB, just not Michael or Bruno lol. because they are weird and they weren’t baptized.  Also, Last time you asked about ever being in a bad situation and I have never had anything bad happen to me on the mission. 
 
Oh and tomorrow I will be Skyping at 5 p.m. here so it should be 1 p.m. there ~  don’t be late lol!!! 
 
but love you.
 
tchau
 
love, 
elder adam jensen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment