Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Transfer and a New Companion




Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 17:58:37 +0430
Subject: Re: Lots of news!
From:
adj1991@myldsmail.net


Hello Everyone,

So this past week...

Nothing really happened actually, because no one went to church! We have two marriages set, but maybe one of the couples is going to move this week, so maybe they won’t get married. It sucks, but I am going to try and talk them out of moving for now so they can get married and baptized. They are really wanting to get married and baptized, so maybe it’s a possibility. Oh and right now not much work is going around...we have been passing by the members houses to collect money so that Simony and Ricardo can get married. The ward can’t help with paying for the marriage license, so we decided to ask the members to pitch in.

Oh and today Elder Martins went away. He went to Mossoro. I became senior with a newish Elder. Elder Simpson from Washington. He is pretty cool, but yeah from Washington State. He is from Richland. He already has 6 months on the mission. I am only a senior. Not a trainer as well... I didn’t become trainer because of the 30 new missionaries that were supposed to arrive yesterday, only 6 arrived. So a lot less than what our president was expecting. Elder Simpson is huge. Not in a fat way, he is a pretty strong guy, 6 foot something and he used to do wrestling and football, so I think you get the picture! He has about 6 months on the mission and he speaks very well, it’s a lot better than I was doing with 6 months.

I am very happy that the Christmas package finally arrived back home. It’s about time. It only took about two months to make it back.

Oh and this past week I found a whole stacks of almost baptized people in the area book, so I get to go through them and visit a whole bunch of people and see why they were not baptized. It makes it kind of easier because it means that they were taught everything and already have been to church. It’s kind of like an almost given baptism. Just as long as I can adapt my teaching to their needs it should be all good.

Hey and that’s awesome about Emily. She emailed me and I already emailed everybody. Yeah that is the mission right above mine, if I stay in Rio Grande do Norte I could have a possibility of seeing her at the temple in Fortaleza. It would be a long shot, but now I would be able to speak Portuguese to her, that would be cool.

I will talk to you again on Monday. I love you a lot and thank you for everything. I have missed you guys as well.

love

elder adam jensen

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment