Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Getting used to my New Area


Monday 8th April, 2013

From: adj1991@myldsmail.net
To: jensens6@msn.com


So this past week...

Well this past week was honestly just Wednesday night until now so not much has really happened. I got to know my district; they didn’t really do much this past week. Lazy bums but that’s ok. I will talk to them on Tuesday.

I sat down with Elder Franco and told him to explain everything about this area, for example, like the problems, and what works here and who has he been teaching. I also told him to make a list of people who are closest until furthest away from being baptized. He gave me a list of 20 names. So that is our work for now, and some of them live right next door to the next. Actually 14 of the names live next door to each other. It’s crazy, but makes it a little easier. Through all this, my companion Elder Franco is a huge help, and no he never started bossing me around - he knows better than to boss me around, lol. It’s been good that so far it seems no one has really not liked me. I guess I am just too easy going and fit into crowds easily, but out of my companions...I have liked Elder Claudio the most I think as he taught me so much. He just went home on the 3rd and lives in Las Vegas.

Being in Campina Grande now means that I can also pass in only two more areas or zones. Rangel and Mamanguape. The mission João Pessoa will be very small after the division in July, I am excited though.

These have been my areas and companions so far that you asked for:

Souza. Elder Rinaldi. 3 transfers.

Mossoró...Elder Collins 2 transfers. Elder Claudio 1 transfer.

João Pessoa...Elder Martins 2 transfers. Elder Simpson 1 transfer.

Campina Grande. Elder Franco.

 
Conference was really good as well. I enjoyed so many talks and I received the revelations I was hoping to receive. It’s a relief to know that through prayer and obedience, that all can be answered and testified by the spirit. I still don’t know the ward, except for the Bishopric. We haven’t had a normal meeting yet because of conference, but next week I should be able to get to know just about everything. Except the only issue here is that there really is no one to send letters or packages to. I guess the best option for now is the mission office. Oh but the really nice thing about here in Campina Grande is that at night it gets pretty cold, it’s exactly like the night during summer back at home. I was walking at night on the first day and it really reminded of me of home, the weather is amazing at night, but yeah we still sleep with the fan, but here we just have one fan for the both of us, it’s good enough.

 I am still sad though that I left João Pessoa because I wanted to see Ricardo and Simony get married on the 20th of April. It should be very nice with the party and everything. Oh and not to forget that Ricardo is going to be baptized on the 21st. I am excited for Elder Simpson who stayed because at least he will be able to see them get married and baptized. I don’t know if I can go back to João Pessoa for the wedding or baptism, but I will ask Pres. Hall if I am able to, and it doesn’t really matter who was able to do more on the mission. It just matters if I believe I had success on my mission or not.

So for now I have passed in Souza, Mossoró and João Pessoa. but now that I am in Campina Grande I will most likely stay in the mission João Pessoa. but seeing that I have already been in João Pessoa

Mom you shouldn’t buy anything from the shops here to send to me. I think it could be a very bad idea, I don’t really need much. We have a calendar and it seems like the food is better, for breakfast it is usually toast and dinner it is either top ramen or toast again. Nutella. I don’t really like it but they have it here in Campina Grande, along with pb now. Except, it’s Peter Pan PB and it’s about $7.50 in dollars. 15 reais here. The jar of PB is like a normal size from Safeway not like the giant jar from Costco and yeah you won’t need to send PB anymore since it is here and I am excited for pop-tarts. I know I am spoiled and I am loving it!! But I only ever want is food from United states because they just don’t know what amazing food is, like the stuff we have in the States. Oh and I found brownie mix here as well. its 10 reais. so $5 each small box. A whole chicken is expensive. I would rather just stick to something small. But wow pop-tarts sound amazing!!!! Cinnamon pop-tarts!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love mixes to go with meat and chicken is actually the cheapest. I don’t need insoles right now; the ones I have are still working completely fine. No mail from the mission home and my money situation is fine. I will be fine until the next allowance comes on the 15th.

I haven’t wrote back yet....I am putting more pictures on the 8 gb SD card before I send it, so I will send a letter with the SD card.

But I got to go now. I love you a lot and I will talk to you next week.

But that’s all for this week...

love,


elder adam jensen

 …and I enjoyed the pictures!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment