Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

When you've gotta go....




Monday April 14th, 2013


Hello Everyone,
 
So this past week...
 
First off...I’m sorry I wasn’t on earlier. I had to go to João Pessoa to renew my visa. I got there Sunday night and woke up very early today. But everything was in order and I am now legal again. My visa expired in March, and didn’t really renew it until today and today happens to be a month later then when it expired. The police are a little slow here so No, I probably wouldn’t of been deported!!

Oh and Sunday we had some very good news and results. The good results were that 5 investigators went to church and we will be working a lot with them this week. 5 people that I think will most likely be baptized eventually. I am excited to work with them. And the really good news is that a woman who happens to be married to a less active member came up to us and asked us to baptize her this Saturday. It’s awesome! We weren’t really expected much from this less active family but blessings and miracles from the lord truly are real and are always happening.

Oh and I came in contact with another drunk, except this time he was very passive aggressive. He wouldn’t let us leave. But his breathe...I literally almost threw up!!! It was horrible! Because here in Brazil they have a drink that is basically moonshine and it is totally legal. He kept talking to us about how a master lock is a magical device and nonsense like that. We were able to get away because I told him to walk with us, and you know how drunks are, and how fast missionaries walk, so he wasn’t able to keep up and he wound up bothering someone else. Really annoying drunks can end up being a fun story!!

Talking about funny stories....actually I don’t know if I should put this on the blog, but to be honest I don’t really care. This past week...actually it was last Monday after lunch. Elder Franco and I were walking back from a pretty long distance and it happened to be that I really needed to use the bathroom...number 2! And to make a story short...I was able to hold it in to about 500 yards to our house. But at this moment it was bad! So I looked around really fast and found some greenery and pulled the pants down! yepp...for the first time on my mission I had to poop on the street/green area. Luckily this once upon a time busy street had nobody on it and nobody passed when I was going!!  I am a lucky and slightly stupid boy, but I felt much better afterwards; and no I didn’t have tp. and there were leaves right behind me, but not just any leaves, really small leaves to where you have to grab like 6 of them to make it big enough to wipe. It was horrible. When I got home I went to the bathroom to clean it up a little more and a leaf was stuck to my butt.  It was hilarious. My companion was so embarrassed!  :D

Wow that’s all that happened to Gavin in the photo?  Why was his face near the blades of the weed-whacker? Idiot!!  But I hope he is feeling better.

I got some letters when I went to the mission office yesterday and the debit card still hasn’t arrived at the Bishop’s house. I am a little worried now. Also, I cannot go to João Pessoa for the mission, wedding.  I got the mission scholarship loan paper thing from BYU as well, but I got to go now. Sorry!  I love you a lot and talk to you next week on Monday at about 6 am there.

love


elder adam Jensen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment