Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!



Hello Everyone,


So this past week...

 

I worked lol. Well I mean I got some people to progress through invites and such, but not very many people went to church that I expected. I understand since it was Mother’s Day, so people were having parties and no time to go to church and prepare food. I think that is a downside about Brazil. Lunch is like our dinner - BIG and everyone is together. When church is in the morning, not a lot of people have a lot of time to prepare lunch and go to church. It sucks, but I have to deal with it and try to work around it!


We tried to teach Gabriela last week as well, but she is never home! It’s so difficult!!!! But I finally learned on Saturday that her class in the morning is over. She no longer has that class! It would have been better to know that last Sunday or maybe last Monday! If I visited her then maybe she would have gone to church and started to really progress, but at least this week that I know this information now, she can’t run away from us now lol.


But this Saturday, most likely, only Matheus will be baptized. He is a cool kid, but kind of shy. Well to really open up about how he feels about the church. All I know is that he likes the church and wants to be baptized, so that’s what I am going to do. Baptize him!


Ha so only 25% of royalites for writing my blog each week Mom? We will have to find out who is following the blog who are unknown to us! Tell them to write to me!


To answer your question, I am the second oldest in the house. Elder G’Oliveira has 5-6 months left on his mission, he leaves in October. Ha-ha and yeah I love to laugh and joke around, and I am happy that I am able to do it in Portuguese as well!


Yesterday as it was Mother’s Day, I said it to the other Elder’s, like us children work in the house every day, not just mother’s day - that we give you some sort of present each day by cleaning!


My testimony truly is strong, and God never abandons us! It’s us that leave him. We just need to try and make it back to him, because only with him, we can truly be happy for eternity.


New things....ha nothing!!! Everything has slowed down, but at least when things slow down your able to see more and prioritize. I love organization. I think that’s one of the many reasons why I love the church. It’s just organized! It makes things so much easier, but as a Missionary, I have to bear my testimony every day, but to do that I must believe, love, and to live my testimony. Being strong in the church and understanding that it is the only true church on this earth is a blessing in my life. I know I will continue to believe and continue to show that I believe. Being the man I want to be is the man the understands the importance of church and the path of God, and wanting to give that same blessing to others. such as family, wife, and friends. Without this one true path, then so many people including myself would be lost in this world. It’s only a short time to try and do everything God asks of us. I am grateful that I was raised to know what I am supposed to do. Thank you Mom and Dad, I love you both!!


But I have to go now. I love you and I will talk to you next week. Thank you for everything and next week we will have more time.


love


elder adam jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment