Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Lot's of Investigators!




Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 10:59:33 -0300
Subject: Re: Hey Adam
From:
adj1991@myldsmail.net

 

Hello Everyone,


So this past week....


This past week actually was very tiring but not much happened. We completed all of our goals and 5 investigators went to church. But three of the investigators were a huge surprise!!. One of them was Banda, who had moved away or left or something like that, so we never expected her to come back. But the next thing we know is that she was in the church and looked like she was liking it. Another person was Deborah, who likes us ~ Elder Franco and I, but she seems like she would never follow. But she happened to be at church for the first time. Deborah has been taught and met with the missionaries for a very long time, but finally she went to church. I was very happy to see her there. Another was a girl named Gabriela. she is never at home and she never has time to meet with us, so we stopped trying, it was just too difficult to try and see her. But on Sunday her member friend went and got her from her house and brought her to church. She liked everything and she is already reading the Book of Mormon and believing! Gabriela is now the number one person we will be working with especially because next week she won’t have any classes in the college to go to. Woo-Hoo investigators that care!!!


To answer your question, I am not frustrated. I don’t know, I am fine and I will continue to work. It’s just that I guess I am just missing a lot of things right now. I know that I will continue to work very hard, but sometimes it’s ok to be a little homesick but I also think it is because someone in the house here is finishing his mission at the moment, he is pretty trunky!! I am doing fine and it always passes, these little moments of trunkyness.


Today I learned that my debit card finally arrived at the Bishop's house. I should receive it on Wednesday or Thursday depending when he comes to Campina Grande I cannot believe that my debit card has finally arrived, actually Elder Simpson that told me he got my card and he said that the other package still hasn’t arrived. It kind of sucks but Oh well! Still only one Addidas shoe! I would love that beef jerky right now to be honest!!


 I think that’s awesome about Curtis. I am pretty sure he will love Arizona. there are actually quite a few missionaries on this mission from Arizona. Oh and here in the city it is now raining a lot. I get wet every day now. I am actually loving it lol!


Yeah being district leader is a challenge. Like being a leader of 2 other companionships feels like nothing but being responsible for everything they do can get stressful. If they can’t meet their goals or if they are having difficulties or whatever, it also becomes my mistake and not just theirs. kind of frustrating but I am a pretty relaxed person so I try not to let it get to me, and at this moment I would rather have the sisters in my district because they meet their goals every week and baptize each month, but I know that I need to stay here because they are a lot more people I am needing to meet and help.


Thank you for the thought from Pres. Eyring. it is very true because at times we never really perceive that something has happened through the Lord’s hands. But we must pray to him always and maybe through the prayers are eyes will be opened so that we can see more of the Lord's work, such as the gifts he has already given us.


Yeah the day is the same. January 17th, 2014, but I was thinking that maybe it would be better going to the Canada airport because of how the layout is when coming back through customs, but anyways, I am excited for that day. coming home and I probably will cry! I can’t think about it too much or I will get worse. But oh well I am doing good and I get over these moments pretty fast.

I have to go now but I love you and I will talk to you next week on Wednesday. transfers!!!

well I love you and thank you for the email.


 elder adam jensen



No comments:

Post a Comment