Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A drunk and my New Companion!



June 24th, 2013


Hello Everyone,


So this past week...

This past week was a blast. Not really....since the last time I talked to you I just got my new companion, but I stayed in the area. The first night I just wanted to show my companion the area a little bit and one investigator, but he insisted on getting new investigators right away. I told him that if he wants to make contacts then he should feel free to do so. WOW I don’t think I should have said that. His eyes just lit up out of joy. He started going left and right talking with everyone. Not even caring about set appointments. He is the most excited missionary I have ever seen. We ended up getting 23 new investigators this past week!! This number is great; however, NONE of them went to church. So I had to talk with him about new investigators. I told him that he will not be able to count a person as being an investigator unless they agree to be baptized and visit the church. So we will see how many people will become investigators next week. Actually I think it will probably be about the same number. He takes my baptism picture every chance he can get. It’s hilarious, but he loves it. My companion is from a city...I think it’s call La Pampa. I am not really sure. It speaks really deep and fast, so I have to pay a lot of attention when he speaks. 

So, Saturday was a very funny day! Actually just at night. We went to an investigators house. We were sitting outside talking about the book of Mormon and what not, but sooner or later, a drunk shows up. He kept on talking and talking about us and getting louder and louder. It was very frustrating but then again I love to mess with drunk people. He looked at me and asked me to read him some of the book of Mormon. I saw one scripture that started with "therefore, I know”, so what did I do?? I only said these three words and after the three I made up some words of my own. I said, "therefore, I know that you are drunk off of moonshine, and you are being very annoying, so you should return to the bar or go back inside because we are not the land of moonshine." he didn’t understand very well. Or maybe he didn’t want to. But after he that he started going off about how God is the greatest thing in his life and how he is our only Father. But he was speaking very loud during the lesson right next to us, so my companion looked at him and told him to give us five minutes of peace and quiet. That was a mistake by my companion! This drunk started yelling at this point that he couldn’t believe that my companion stopped him from talking about God. Over and over again he said the same exact thing..."he stopped me! I was talking about my Father, and he stopped me!" For a good ten minutes he just kept saying it over and over up and down the road to every single person on the road. I was laughing very hard at this point, but my companions face was the best part. He looked like he was afraid the drunk guy was going to hit him. Almost like he might crap his pants. Oh it was a good way to end the day. Absolutely Hilarious!!!

Well that’s all that happened. Oh and my knee is getting worse if you wanted to know. My feet are fine and my back. Only one knee is hurting in a specific spot. 

 

My companion is not too happy that he has a hurt companion, but he knows that he is with me to learn something important. I just hope that I can teach him those things that he needs.

Today here is a holiday. I don’t know what the holiday is called, but it’s a day where almost everything is closed not sure what for, but the holiday isn’t even important. It’s just people here like to have a reason to skip on work.

I am thinking of changing my Semester. I would be home August-the end of December. And I would be in school, January until July. No, I don’t think I should go all three semesters, I’d have no time at all for anything especially having relationships and that means that I wouldn’t marry Emily lol. But I could for one year go to all three to get caught up very quickly. Yes, I know that I would be home for your birthdays as well, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Hunting Season!!

Oh and Gavin wrote me, His email was pretty funny. I enjoyed reading it. I don’t have much time left, sorry! I have about ten minutes. Too many people wrote me, and the thing that takes the most time is writing to President Hall each week

I hope you like the photo with President and Sister Hall and which missionary is good looking? 

 
The good looking Sisters or the Elders. Because there is only one good looking Elder there lol. It’s me! In the picture is me, my trainee and the sisters that are in my district.

But I love you and I will talk you next week.







Have a great week!





love

elder adam jensen




 

No comments:

Post a Comment