Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Monday, July 15, 2013

Frustrating...


Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 11:51:58 -0300




From:
adj1991@myldsmail.net





Hello Everyone,

So this past week...

We tried and tried and tried but nothing ever goes our way. All the people we are teaching and all the things we have used to get people in the water just doesn’t work! Nicolas, our investigator ended up being too afraid to stand up to his drunk dad, so he never even went to church.

Felipe our other investigator decided that his parents are right and that he shouldn’t be baptized because he still does bad things like helping his parents in the house. Ridiculous.

At every turn someone is there just waiting to stop the baptism from happening. I wanted to cry or punch someone in the face, but instead I just hugged someone!! Oh and none of the people we wanted to be at church - didn’t go!!!! Ahh and on top of that I heard some very bad things from other members on Sunday gossiping about other members of course!!!!! I was not in the best mood on Sunday. Actually, thinking about it, it’s kind of like this every Sunday. I think after the mission I will enjoy Sunday again, with no worries about investigators and no worries about a baptism or even worry about people going inactive for a while. Back home I feel it is difficult to go inactive; it’s like you have a bigger reason to go to church - but here WOW! The reasons they come up with to stop going - I can’t take it! It makes me very sad and frustrated. Anyway, we should have two baptisms this next week, two men, Gilberto and Carlos, two people that are wanting to follow God and Jesus Christ. We already say hi to everyone and talk with everyone while we are out and about, it doesn’t work here because everyone is so open to things, but too lazy to follow, or that hard heart thing that doesn’t want to follow but loves to listen.


Well that’s all the new things except that interviews with President Nogueria were very fast. It was just...."are you worthy, following the rules, how old are you, how much time on the mission, and if we have any problems with our health?" He also told me that I have until the end of the month to get better with my knee. I don’t know how I will get better, but at least me knee is hurting less and I know it’s all because of the prayers. The MRI never happened. I am still waiting – RIDICUOUS!


So at this point I just gave up on this authorization from the Church medical insurance - I think it will never happen. Also, President Nogueira said that we can’t have missionaries with leg problems on this mission. So if it doesn’t get better by the end of the month I have to call him and we will go from there. I don’t know yet about going home, like at times I feel that I am wasting time and that I have already done what I am here to do, but at other times I feel like going home wouldn’t solve many things. Like I would probably just end up going to physical therapy back home for about 6 weeks and then I would be totally fine. But I know that if I go back, I probably would not come back to finish my mission. Yeah I bought the shoes. They were 45 American dollars. Thank you: D

The shoes fit very well and I don’t need insoles in them at this moment. I don’t really know what is going to happen at the end of the month. They might just send me to João Pessoa and stay there for a little bit and try and see a doctor there.

 
I am sorry I have to go now and I will talk to you next Monday, I love you so much and have a great week.


love,


elder adam jensen



No comments:

Post a Comment