Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 16, 2013

My new area, Itapororoca, Brazil



September 16th, 2013

So this past week....

New area is called Itapororoca, my new apartment is small but has a huge deck area  - I like it a lot actually and we have a washing machine that works and is quiet!

We baptized two girls! Adneide and Adileine. One is 12 and the other is 9. The girl who is 12 has no arms and no legs. She was so excited to be baptized and it was so awesome!! Elder Loveland had to slowly put her in the water and plug her nose at the same time, her sister Adileine, on the first day I was here, looked at me and said she wanted to be baptized as well. I looked at her, and said, of course you can! They are both sweet little girls and are always outside joking around and getting dirty - like two boys ha-ha!

Church is cool here, but way different, about 50 people were there. On Sunday’s we go to lunch. Get our investigators and then get the bus at 2 p.m. Church starts at 3 p.m. and finishes at 6 p.m. and then the baptisms happen!! So we get back home or back in Itapororoca at about 7:30 p.m. It didn’t feel like Sunday, but it was really funny! About 50-60 people were at church, mostly children. We, the missionaries teach the Young Men and we teach Gospel Principles, it’s really just like a big race on Sunday, and it makes it a little difficult because we can’t miss the bus!!!! We take a bus because they don’t have a chapel here in Itapororoca, so we have to go to Mamanguape.

My companion Elder Loveland went to Provo BYU for a year he has a girlfriend and she is serving in the Phillipines as a sister.

I got the money and I have only spent $30 of it and I used it on food. If you do want to buy me another suit for my birthday, depending on where I buy it, it will be about $50-$100. The suit that I have which I bought here is doing great and still looks good on me. Here in Itapororoca I can buy some clothes before I come home. But yes, I will need new garments, these ones don’t last as long as there. 

Sorry I missed you and the internet is not working because of the storm last night.I will talk to you next week. I love you and have a great week. Don’t foget to do wonderful things!!!

 

If anyone wants to write to me my address is still the same:

 

Elder Adam Jensen

Missao Joao Pessoa

Rua Depuatado Jose Mariz # 515

Tambauzinho

Joao Pessoa

P.B. 58042-020

BRAZIL

 

 

Well that’s all,

love
 

 

elder adam jensen

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment