Elder Adam Jensen

Elder Adam Jensen
2/2012 - 2/2014 Elder Adam Jensen

About Me

My photo
Joao Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
I have been called to serve the Lord in the Joao Pessoa, Brazil Mission. Joao Pessoa is in the NE region of Brazil and is the capital city of the state of Paraíba, it was founded in 1585. It is also known as "the city where the sun rises first". The nearest Temple is 75 miles away in Recife. Please follow me as I embark on the Lord's work love, serve and share His Gospel. Over the next two years 2/1012 -2/2014 You can write to me at: Elder Adam Jensen Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, #515 Tambauzinho 58042 - 020 Joao Pessoa - PB Brazil. or email Elder Jensen at: adj1991@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Authority but also we are "Pastors"


Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 11:08:53 -0300
Subject: Re: Hello
From:
adj1991@myldsmail.net


Hello Everyone

Well this past week...

We worked liked crazy, I guess that’s because we had 6 more baptisms! that makes 10 so far here in Itapororoca. Alex, José Carlos, Carlos, Pedro, Herbert, and Lucimere. We would have had 7 baptisms, but the woman didn’t want to this week basically because her boyfriend in the church ended their relationship, and she’s a little flustered - ridiculous, but oh well, hopefully one day she will understand that salvation is an individual act, and no one should stop you from individually following and keeping God´s commandments. This area is so blessed and everyone calls us ‘Pastor’ so basically everyone views us as an Authority figure already - I am just reaping in the rewards!
 



I am compelled to be humble as I have to use my authority in my work I know as Missionaries we are the only ones in this work that even have the authority to invite someone to be baptized (I am the king of all here lol)… and it’s a good thing I am keeping the commandments!!

I just know it lol. oh but man during church, almost nobody was there, so even until the last meeting, which is sacrament here, we were looking and getting people. investigators and members. I felt like nobody really wanted to go to church yesterday. oh well. ended up having about 50 people there. not very good actually. because last week was 66. 

 

 


Well everything went well, except for my health. On Saturday, I woke up with a fever, headache, stomach ache, and my body just aching everywhere, but by 5 p.m. that day the fever went away, so I went out to work. I had to run back home at about 8:45 p.m. because I was feeling horrible all over again but Sunday morning I only had the stomach ache, so went out to work getting our investigators and going to lunch, but man did I have to use the bathroom a lot, like almost every 45 minutes -  ridiculous!!!!  My stomach is still like this, but I will get better. BTW, I don't really need any more Crystal Light, but if you want to send me some I would only like fruit punch lol. and yes I still am pooping a lot, but that’s why this morning I took a gastritis pill. I hope it will help, and I think it was my fault with some water!

Well that’s all, except General Conference will be a big run around. Members will have to leave here about 11:30 a.m. to get to the chapel that will have General Conference they will only go on Sunday. I think Elder Loveland and I will just stay in Mamanguape with our Z.L.’s during this time so we can watch all of General Conference.

The dunes trip with Dan sounds like a lot of fun, and it’s been a while since I have talked to Ammon.

love,


elder adam jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment